A GAME CHANGING NATURAL FIBER
CYNTHIA® is a new bio-based game changing fiber, available in a wide range of size (from flour to long fiber) allowing various applications in the fields of building and construction, such as Insulation & WPC (wood plastic composites).
CYNTHIA® has three main advantages in comparison to alternative fibers :
• An attractive price/performance ratio
• A much lower environmental impact: lower carbon footprint, no land used, no pesticides, no fertilizers, leaving land for agro-food industry and forestry conservation.
• A strong social impact: rivers are back to normal use (food, traffic…), job creation in rural areas.
Our innovative approach is funded on the technical properties of Water Hyacinth discovered by In-Between International and on the growing demand of bio-based products. The result is CYNTHIA®, a bio-based and sterilized fiber, that our process can easily tune in terms of shapes and sizes (from flour to long fiber).
In-Between International aims to bring this innovative solution safely to the market. Once the first production unit will be up and running, our approach will allow an efficient management of invaded rivers freeing governmental expenses allocated to address the Water Hyacinth pandemic, while being an inexhaustible & profitable new industrial material, with easily replicable facilities worldwide.
Water Hyacinth is an invasive free-floating aquatic plant present in more than 100 countries across the world. It is considered to be the world’s worst weed. Wherever it spreads, the plant has negative impacts on ecosystem by cutting access to rivers and lakes, blocking sunlight, preventing oxygenation of water and threatening aquatic ecosystems, biodiversity and fishes -to name a few. While climate change boosts its proliferation, the socio-economic and ecological burden of Water Hyacinth is directly hammering public expenditures and local populations
NO MORE !
In-Between International is a start-up company specialized in the innovative and sustainable treatment of Water Hyacinth after having discovered its key technical properties (close to wood fibers) and patented the first industrial process able to get back control on its proliferation. In-Between proposes a business model based on the valorization of a renewable but threat-full natural resource by developing bio-based materials while restoring bio-diversity creating employment and economic growth.
- Tons of Water Hyacinth harvested per day to partially free rivers and waterways.
- Creation of 35 to 160 local low and high-skilled jobs on each production unit.
- No use of pesticides by local authorities to unsuccessfully try to eradicate Water Hyacinth.
- Reduction of public health issues such as dengue and malaria.
- Decrease in water evaporation (1 plant unit evaporates up to 1 liter per day).
- Restoration of the natural ecosystem.
- 100% natural thermal insulation & Alternative Packaging items.
- Easily reused and recycled.
- Low gray energy.
- Non-toxic, allergen-free and safely handled and installed.
- Renewable raw material from an inexhaustible resource.
- Production of renewable energy by using leafs and roots.
- A unique drying technology based on Solar energy to dry Water Hyacinth.
- No land, nor fertilizers needed, leaving lands for Agro-food industry & forestry conservation.